Verizon Volunteers Program Rules
(formerly known as Volunteer Incentive Program VIP)
Rules for Participation
Volunteer Grant Program Overview
The Volunteer Grant Program provides opportunities for employees who volunteer 50 or more hours in the current calendar year with the same eligible U.S. or international nonprofit organizations, public and private schools, and accredited colleges and universities to request a $750 grant from the Verizon Foundation on behalf of that organization or educational institution.
- U.S.: Most U.S. based 501(C)(3) organizations, U.S. public and private schools and U.S. accredited colleges and universities. Non U.S. organizations and schools that have been pre-approved and vetted for inclusion in the Volunteer Program.
- APAC, Canada, EMEA, LATAM: Click here for the organizations list
- Employees can receive up to two volunteer grant awards of $750 each in a calendar year for two separate organization organizations or schools (total per employee per year is $1,500).
- An organization or educational institution may receive up to a total of $25,000 per year through the Volunteer Grant Program.
- Active full-time and part-time employees are eligible; retirees are not eligible.
- The employee must be an active full-time or part-time employee when hours are volunteered and journaled, and when the grant request is submitted online with the Verizon Foundation.
- Hours that are journaled to reach the 50-hour grant requirement for volunteering must be actual hours volunteered; employees are not permitted to estimate their future volunteer time.
- Only those hours volunteered on employee’s personal time qualify for a volunteer grant from the Verizon Foundation.
- Employees are not permitted to request a volunteer grant on behalf of a charitable organization or educational institution if they are a founder or employee of the organization or educational institution.
- A volunteer grant from the Verizon Foundation may not be used to provide the employee, employee’s family member* or person with whom the employee shares a close personal relationship** any direct or indirect financial benefit (i.e., a volunteer grant may not be used to pay a salary, fulfill membership dues or registration fees, satisfy a personal pledge, etc.).
- Hours volunteered in conjunction with a Verizon team grant program are not eligible for volunteer grant.
Registering your volunteer hours and submitting your volunteer grant request:
- 2013 volunteer grant requests must be submitted online at http://www.verizonfoundation.org/employee by Jan. 31, 2014
- Employees must log their own volunteer hours and submit their own volunteer grant requests.
A representative of the charitable organization or educational institution must confirm receipt of your volunteer hours on line. The following are individuals are NOT permitted to confirm on behalf of the organization or school:
- The employee
- A member of the employee’s family*
- Someone with whom the employee shares close personal relationship**
- Any Verizon employee
- 2013 volunteer grant requests must be confirmed by March 31, 2014.
Volunteer Grant Payout:
- Volunteer grants are reviewed and paid on a quarterly basis; checks are mailed directly to the charitable organization or education institution.
- The donor will receive an email notifying them that their grant request has been processed and will be awarded by the Verizon Foundation.
*Family Member includes members of the employee's immediate and extended family. (Immediate and extended family includes, but is not limited to, one's spouse, domestic partner, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandparents, grandchildren, cousins, in-laws, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews or any similar half or step-relationship.)
**Close Personal Relationship refers to anyone in your family or household, someone with whom you have, or had, a romantic relationship or other close personal relationship.
Please be sure to read and comply with all program rules.
Only those applications that adhere to the program rules will be considered for approval and payout. All employee matching gift requests are subject to review by Verizon Internal Audit and Verizon Security.
As stated in the Code of Conduct, Verizon does not tolerate falsification or improper alteration of records. Failure to comply with any provision of the Code or company policy is a serious violation and may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Eligibility, terms, and conditions of the program are subject to change at any time. If you have any questions regarding these terms and how they apply to you or your gift please call contact us at email@example.com or if you are in the US, you can call us at 866-247-2687 Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST and we will be happy to review them with you.